Sweepstakes casinos are very popular because they remove the need to add money to play your favorite online games. Using free no-deposit casino Sweeps Coins and Gold Coins, players can cut through the usual steps required to gamble online and start having fun instantly.
However, a player can choose to add money to their favorite social or sweeps cash casino to play for longer, have better chances to win cash prizes, or simply support the company behind the platform. We always ensure that our readers understand their options and know how to play sweepstakes games online, whichever way they prefer.
Here, we focus on those who run out of coins or simply want to add money and boost their coin balance to spin for another chance at the jackpot. Unfortunately, things are not as simple as with real money US casinos, where you can play with numerous bank cards, eWallets, prepaid cards, and other payment processors.
This is why we believe you should stick with us for tips and sweepstake casino banking guidelines on adding money and purchasing coins without issues.
Safe Online Sweepstakes Casinos to Add Money
Sweepstakes casinos are not created equally. Some sites are licensed or are powered by licensed software vendors, provide more games, allow users to play through apps, or hand out coins regularly. Purchase and redemption methods are among the main factors you should consider before joining a sweepstakes casino.
It’s not uncommon for free casino sites to support one or two payment options. Skrill and credit cards are the usual suspects. However, you can find sites like Pulsz Casino that allow you to choose from various payment processors to purchase coins or redeem cash prizes.
Limits and packages are also crucial. Top operators will allow you to play from as low as $0.99 and redeem from $25 onwards. Others will only support redemptions of 100 sweeps coins or higher.
Finding the perfect balance might be impossible, but the listed operators come close.
Online Sweepstakes Casino Banking Guides
Our team has created banking guides for the most popular sweepstakes options, including:
- Fortune Coins Banking Guide
- WOW Vegas Casino Banking Guide
- Chumba Casino Banking Guide
- Stake.us Casino Banking Guide
- Funzpoints Casino Banking Guide
- SkillMine Casino Banking Guide
- PlayGD.Mobi Casino Banking Guide
You can also check out our dedicated payment method guides:
- Apple Pay Casinos
- Instant Payout Sweepstakes
- PayPal Sweepstakes Casinos
- Crypto Sweepstakes Casinos
- Prizeout Redemptions
What Are Sweepstakes Casinos Gold Coins Purchases?
In contrast to real money casino sites, where you choose how many dollars you want to add to your account and then transfer the exact amount, sweepstakes casinos provide users with coin packages. These work similarly:
- Players can buy gold coins from set prizes, often ranging from $0.99 to $99.99. Multiple purchases are supported, so don’t think you are limited in that regard.
- Every coin package will have a corresponding number of gold coins and free sweeps coins. As a general rule, the number of sweeps coins matches the money added to your account; i.e., a $9.99 coins package will add a 10 SC bonus to your account.
Simple, right? And things are slightly better than in real money casinos since packages are often provided in discounted prizes. Take Pulsz Casino, which allows users to buy a $29.99 gold coin package for $9.99 – essentially getting $30 in SC for $10. Other casinos have similar offers, too.
Supported Purchase Methods
As highlighted above, the options available to purchase gold coins are somewhat limited. This doesn’t mean sweeps cash casinos aren’t doing their best to cater to their players. Put simply, this iGaming model is still in its infancy, with many payment processors still hesitant to adopt it.
Below, we highlight the most common purchase options you will find on sweepstakes sites:
Most banking institutions are wary of real money casino deposits but are slightly more lenient with social casinos. As a result, you can instantly buy gold coins online from Bank of America, Well’s Fargo, Chase, etc. Trustly is also supported at some social casinos as a mediator between the bank and the sweepstakes casino.
Debit and Credit Cards
All legal sweeps cash casinos will support purchases via bank cards. Add your CCV, expiration date, and card number to complete the transaction instantly. Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discover are all supported.
Any branded prepaid card of the main bank cards is also accepted. Some outside companies are also available, like PaySafe and EcoCard. Such methods are great if you like to stay on top of your purchases for online gaming.
Venmo, Neteller, and ecoPayz might not yet be live at USA online casinos, but sweepstakes sites feature PayPal and Skrill (you can purchase Global Poker coins via Skrill, for example) for instant coin purchases. Such processors allow for fee-free instant payments without sharing your bank details online. You can find dedicated eWallet guides on our site, like the one about fish games that accept PayPal payments.
Licensed iGaming sites are yet to incorporate crypto wallets for deposits and withdrawals. The same is true for sweeps casinos. However, you will likely encounter Cash App free online casinos, where you can transfer BTC, ETH, LTC, USDT, and most other cryptocurrencies and play sweepstakes games for money.
Orion Stars, Funrize Casino, Riversweeps, Rivermonster, and Vegas-X Casino are some of them, all of which are linked and offer questionable services. We wouldn’t recommend sweepstakes casinos accepting crypto unless you join Stake.us – the only legit crypto social casino site with cash prizes, where your Stake.us deposits and withdrawals are sure to be safe & secure.
Sweeps Coins Redemptions
Although social casinos, prize online casinos, and sweepstake casinos support the same purchase model, redemptions differ. For instance, although sites like ZitoBox and My Choice Casino allow users to exchange their purchased coins for real prizes, social casinos do not offer any withdrawable currency.
Uniquely, sweepstakes casinos allow players to redeem any sweeps coins for real money (usually referenced onsite as cash prizes). Pulsz Bingo and Casino, SweepSlots, Fortune Coins, WOW Vegas Casino, and Chumba sister casinos fall under this category. The rate is usually 1 SC for $1, which makes each gold coin purchase similar to adding money to your sweeps casino account.
How to Redeem Real Money Prizes
- Acquire over the minimum sweepstakes coins redemption threshold. For gift cards or prepaid vouchers, that’s usually 25 SC, and for real money redemptions, 50 to 100 SC.
- Ensure you have cleared any playthrough requirements.
- Verify your online account by providing ID, address, and banking option verification. This is only required the first time and can take up to two days.
- Visit the redemption page and type in the number of coins you want to redeem.
- Provide any required information and submit the cash-out request.
- Redemptions usually take 48 hours to 5 business days at sweeps cash casinos, with additional verification requirements for amounts exceeding $2,000.
Two days is the time most casinos take for internal processing. Then, payout times differ based on your selected method. Moreover, New York and Florida players are limited to a single win/payout of $5,000 from a single win/session.
Common Redemption Methods
Any online or free casino site will suggest that you withdraw money via the same method used for depositing. That’s so they do not ask for additional verification. Nonetheless, this is often impossible due to the limited range of redemption methods. Here are your most common gateways:
- Gift Cards: These come in fixed values and are supported even at non-sweepstakes casinos. Players can exchange their coins for a gift card of the same value, which can be used to buy products or services at various retail locations (i.e., Walmart and 7-Eleven). If you choose to redeem your coins in this fashion, the card will be mailed to you and will arrive within a week.
- eWallets: Any available eWallets for purchases will do for redemptions. That’s the beauty of these banking methods, as their speed. For instance, Skrill and PayPal redemptions often take minutes to show your winnings after internal processing.
- Wire Transfers: If the above two are unavailable, instant wire transfers will be your best friend. Almost all sweepstake casinos allow users to withdraw funds to their online banking account, often at the expense of speed. This option takes longer to process and show in your account, but it is the safest route.
- Cheques: Sites like Funzpoints, LuckyLand Slots, and others will only provide you with this redemption method if you win big. Often, $2000 or higher withdrawals are only supported via paper cheques. These can take up to 10 business days to arrive at your doorstep, but they sure will!
- Cash App: As we warned you against crypto deposits via the Cash App, we suggest avoiding sites that claim to payout in Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. This method is yet to be approved by legal operators. This is why we don’t recommend depositing at places like PlayGD.Mobi, since they only deal in Cash App transactions.
Areas of Consideration
We have already highlighted the factors affecting purchases and redemptions at sweepstakes sites. Still, we summarize them below to have a checklist before joining any operator or purchasing coins.
- ✅ Supported purchase and redemption options
- ✅ Range of coin packages and rewards
- ✅ Minimum redemption limits
- ✅ Withdrawal speed
- ✅ KYC process and verification requirements
- ✅ Redemption rate and fees
Of course, the above are only linked to payments at a sweepstake casino. Several other factors, such as games, bonuses, interface, usability, etc., matter. However, if you are likely to add money to buy gold coins for bonus sweeps, carefully weigh the above before signing up.
Do I Need to Add Money to Play Sweepstakes Games?
Any legal online sweepstake casino will clearly highlight the no-purchase policy. This requirement is what makes sweepstakes legal across states. If players are required to add money or buy coins to play, then the site is not legit and should be avoided.
That’s not to say buying gold coins is worthless or illegal. Implementing a dual currency adds value to money spent to play online games. Previously, social casinos allowed premium purchases but did not create any real incentive.
Sweep cash sites do not necessitate purchases but make them worthwhile. Buying gold coins grants sweep coins, which are similar to playing games for money. The more coins, the better, with some progressive online slots paying millions in sweeps coins.
Some of the reasons players choose to buy gold coins include the following:
- Access premium games
- Remove certain features like ads
- Acquire sweeps coins as a bonus, which allows for ‘real money gaming
- Play for longer or bet higher amounts
- Support the sweepstakes casino
Still, most sweeps casinos will feature no deposit bonuses, daily login offers, mail-in bonuses, and free-to-enter contests. Each is a gateway to free sweeps coins and a way to avoid spending money. The choice is yours, which is why we prefer sweepstakes platforms to real money gambling sites.
No, sweeps coins are a virtual currency that you can play with at sweepstakes, but they do have a monetary value. If you win SCs, you can redeem them for real money prizes. The value is usually 1 SC = $1, but you can check this in the casino's T&Cs.
Online sweepstake casino sites offer various gateways to buy coins. Cards, banks, eWallets, and prepaid vouchers are just a few of the purchase methods. Each allows players to buy a gold coin package and get sweepstake coins in return.
No, you can only redeem the SCs that you've won while playing in Sweeps mode. You cannot redeem the SCs that you've gotten through purchases or promotions.