Chumba isn’t a real money casino, but you can still redeem real money winnings. If you opt-in to receive a gift card, you’ll receive it within 48 hours. If you want to withdraw cash, you will have to wait between 5 to 10 days. Let’s see all the details.
As a sweepstakes casino, depositing and withdrawing with Chumba is slightly different compared to traditional online casinos. You can’t deposit and withdraw. Instead, you purchase Gold Coins packages that include free Sweeps Coins, and then after playing with them, you redeem those Sweeps Coins for real cash prizes.
This might sound confusing, but it’s one of the key tenets that allow sweepstakes casinos like Chumba to operate across the nation — even in the states that don’t typically allow online casinos.
Check out all there is to know about depositing, withdrawing, and the verification process that Chumba Casino requires.
Chumba Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Chumba does have fewer depositing and withdrawal options when compared with traditional online casinos, but they do have most of the names — with PayPal being the noticeable exemption. Plus, there are no fees for any transaction.
|💳 Payment Method
|❌ Must Use Bank Transfer
|❌ Must Use Bank Transfer
|❌ Must Use Bank Transfer
|✅ Yes — Via Skrill
Deposit and Withdrawal Limits at Chumba
These are all important deposit limits:
- Minimum Deposit Limit: $1
- Maximum Deposit Limit: None, but I think it makes no sense to deposit more than the highest purchase package value of $300
The withdrawal limits at Chumba are:
- Minimum Withdrawal Limit
- Cash Redemption: 100 SCs equivalent to $100
- Gift Card Redemption: 10 SCs equivalent to $10
- Maximum Withdrawal Limit
- Cash Redemption: 5,000 SCs at a time
- Gift Card Redemption: Only one 10 SCs request at a time
Editor’s Note: Important Cashout Rules to Know
If you want to redeem your winnings into cash, you can only cash out via the method you used to deposit. So before you decide on a deposit method, keep in mind that your withdrawals will depend on it.
The rule is that If you deposited via credit/debit card, the Chumba prepaid Mastercard, or a bank transfer, you must withdraw to your bank account. Likewise, Paysafecard or Skrill deposits can only be redeemed to your Skrill account.
However, if you’re not after a cash prize, you’ll be able to withdraw your funds via gift cards regardless of which method you used to deposit.
Let me illustrate. Let’s say you purchase a GCs package and receive 5 free SCs through Mastercard, and then purchase another deal worth 100 free SCs through Skrill. Then, you win 205 SCs by playing.
You’ll now have to first withdraw at least 100 SCs through your bank account. Only then you can withdraw the rest via Skrill.
I understand that these limitations make Chumba a no-go real money sweepstakes casino for some. To that end, you can instead have a similar experience with more games in the following Chumba Casino alternatives:
How to Add Real Money to Chumba Casino
Adding money to your Chumba Casino account is easy. Just follow the below steps to fund your account and begin playing:
- Navigate to the Chumba Casino homepage by clicking our secure links.
- In the centre of the screen, click the “Create Account” button.
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your photo ID, and fill in your email and desired password.
- Alternatively, if you would like to link your Facebook account, you can do that to speed up the process.
- You’ll want to read through the terms & conditions.
- Click “Create An Account”.
- For security purposes, Chumba will need to confirm your mobile number. Enter your phone number and type in the confirmation code sent to you.
- You’ll also need to click the link sent to your email.
- Click the “Buy” button at the top of your screen and select your desired Gold Coins package.
- If it’s your first deposit, I recommend you take advantage of the welcome bonus offer to purchase 10,000,000 GCs and 30 Sweeps Coins for only $10.
- Choose your desired payment method, and follow the relevant prompts.
- Click Pay.
- Your payment funds will be immediately accessible and you’ll be able to play Chumba Casino games for real money.
Gold Coins Packages: Real Money Value Worth
Unlike depositing at an online casino, when you purchase gold coins at Chumba, you do so for one of the fixed amounts. There are only six packages available for purchase, seven including the welcome Chumba Casino bonus.
|💰Chumba Purchase Packages
When choosing which gold coins package to purchase, you shouldn’t really pay too much attention to how many gold coins you’re getting, and instead, you should focus on the free sweeps coins bonus that each package brings with it as only these sweeps coins can be redeemed for real money.
How Much Are Sweeps Coins Worth at Chumba?
Sweeps coins at Chumba are worth $1 per coin. Players who do win Sweeps Coins at Chumba can redeem them for real cash prizes at the rate of $1 per Sweeps Coin. This is the case for all games, from slots to table games. Players need to get to a minimum balance of 100 SC before they can convert them to cash prizes, and this can be done via Skrill, Visa debit or credit card, or instant ACH.
I’d like to note that all SCs have an expiration date of 60 days since the last time you logged into your account.
Steps to Cash Out Sweeps Coins on Chumba
The process to redeem sweeps coins is just as simple. However, in my opinion, this is one area that Chumba does leave a little to be desired.
First, Verification Process
While sweepstakes casinos do use a legal loophole to get around traditional online gambling — they are still subject to sweepstakes laws and as such, have to comply with similar rules regarding the verification of their customers. This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC).
And per Chumba’s KYC policy, you must complete their verification process before you redeem prizes. To do this, you’ll need to provide photos of three types of documents, plus a selfie.
- Government-issued Photo ID — Driver’s license, state/national ID, or passport.
- Selfie — A clear photo of yourself.
- Proof of Residential Address — Utility bills, bank statements, or any sort of formal document issued in the past three months that shows your full name and address.
- Bank Statement — Documentation proving that you own the account to which you are withdrawing.
When you submit these three documents via their secure portal, they’ll begin manually verifying them. The listed time frame for this process is 24 to 48 hours.
Once your identity and banking info are verified, you can continue and get your real money winnings.
Withdrawing Cash Through SCs
- Click the drop-down menu button in the top right corner of the screen and select “Redeem”.
- You’ll have two options for withdrawal.
- Pick to convert your Sweeps Coins into cash prizes via bank transfer or Skrill (depending on how you deposited).
- Select your preferred method and click ‘Next”.
- If you select Skrill, you’ll have to verify that it’s your account.
- After that, log in to your Skrill account using the gateway.
- You’ll be asked a security question to which you must answer “No”.
- Enter the amount you want to cash out, minding that it has to be at least 100 SCs.
- Confirm the transaction.
The process is similar to any deposit method available.
Gift Card Redemptions
The Gift Card is your best option if you don’t have enough SCs. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the Redeem button.
- Select Gift Cards.
- Select from the list of available gift cards.
- You’ll receive an email notification that your prize redemption request has been received.
- Once processed by the operator, you’ll receive the Gift card to your email address.
- Don’t forget that you can only request one Gift Card redemption at a time.
Payout Processing Times
The official time frame for withdrawals is up to 10 business days for cash redemptions and up to 2 days for Gift Cards. Chumba reviews your payment request in 1 to 2 days and then processes it the next day (if it’s a work day). You’ll then have to wait from 5 to 10 days.
I’d like to note that you can deposit on weekends, as they’ll be processed instantly. But if you send a withdrawal request on Saturday or Sunday, it’s going to get processed on Monday.
In my experience, the time it takes for Chumba to pay out wasn’t anywhere near this long. Personally, I’ve only withdrawn to my bank account, and for me, it took 5 business days. Talking to other members of our team who use Skrill, they say it takes a day less at 3-4 business days on average. And for gift cards, it’s even shorter, taking about 24 hours.
Regardless of how you look at it, if you’re withdrawing to cash, it does take a little longer than other casinos, and in truth, it’s not something I’m impressed with. Plus, if it’s your first withdrawal, you can tag on another two business days for processing times.
P.S. You can cancel your withdrawal request when it’s pending, but not after.
Chumba Customer Service and Contacts
Customer support is another area that Chumba falls short on. To get help, players need to click the “Contact Us” button, navigate the FAQ section, select one of the listed questions and then select “No” under the “Was this article helpful” prompt, before finally being able to submit a ticket. It’s a ridiculously convoluted process. Thankfully I haven’t had any problems, but for someone who has, I imagine it must be frustrating.
Alternatively, with sites like this, I recommend social media. To their credit, the Chumba official Facebook page is very active, and if you submit a complaint or request help, they’re very quick to help you.
Buried through a mountain of text, I was also able to find an email, support@Chumbacasino.com, that users can write to.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Chumba Payments
|Welcome bonus is great
|Withdrawal times excessively long
|Regular purchases come with bonus sweeps coins
|Minimum cash redemption is 100 sweeps coins
|Only need 10 sweeps coins to redeem to gift cards
|Online banking is accepted
For all the good they do, for me, those two cons really drag them down. Especially the long withdrawal times. I think it’s fair to say that the vast majority of us play at online casinos with the hopes of winning money. And when you win money, you want to be able to spend it. So to withhold all winnings for up to 10 business days is almost irredeemable, and if it wasn’t for Chumba’s reputation as the pioneer of sweepstakes casinos, I think many would disqualify them as a potential playing option for that reason alone.
Also, I am not really fond of their marketing strategies. They introduced impressive offers, like the Chumba $100 free play bonus, only to remove it a couple of days later. Other sweepstake casinos are way better at rewarding their customers.
Alternative Sweepstake Casinos with Faster Payouts
Chumba Casino is a good site, but it has some drawbacks, like the lack of a Chumba referral bonus. If you’re looking for something better and for a site that handles payouts faster, we recommend you pick one of the following alternatives:
- Pulsz — Pulsz has a great selection of games, far trumping that of Chumba, and what’s better, their processing times are significantly faster. Gift cards and cash redemption are available.
- Fortune Coins — Another top alternative is Fortune Coins. At Fortune Coins, the withdrawal process averages 48-72 hours; even better, the minimum withdrawal is only $50. If you do give them a shot, make sure to try Emily’s Treasure for a fish game experience unlike any of the online casino-style games that you’ll find at any of the other sweepstakes casinos.
- Stake.us – A great social casino that accepts payments in Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin. Payouts in the same cryptocurrencies take less than 24 hours, and you can enjoy 300+ online casino games.
Chumba Casino Payments FAQs
Chumba Casino payouts via cash (Skrill or bank transfer) or gift cards. For cash, you’ll need at least 100 Sweeps Coins to withdraw. However, for gift cards, you’ll only need 10 Sweeps Coins.
The Chumba Casino verification process involves the player submitting three types of documents plus a selfie to prove that you are who you say you are. On average, this process takes 24-48 hours, and until it's complete, players cannot withdraw any of their funds.
I wish I had an answer to this. Chumba redemptions just take a very long time, with Chumba Casino stating that they may take as long as 12 business days. If after 10 business days, you still haven’t received your withdrawal, we recommend you contact their Facebook page.
Officially withdrawals may take as long as 12 days. However, in my experience and from talking with other users, I’ve found it takes 4-5 business days for bank transfers, 3-4 business days for Skrill, and 1-2 business days for gift cards. Though if it’s your first withdrawal, you can tag on an extra day or two.
To put it simply, you can't. Chumba Casino processes redemptions manually, so unless they hire more people or change their reviewal policy, there's really no way to speed up redemptions. If this is a deal breaker for you, we recommend you give Pulsz or Fortune Coins a try.
No, Chumba does not accept Cash App, and we don’t expect it to arrive anytime soon. Stake.us is the only legal sweepstake casino where you can play with crypto.
As Chumba Casino operates under the sweepstakes model, there are certain rules they must follow. These rules include the guarantee that all their games be available to play for free, as well as that sweeps coins must be able to be won without any purchase. For a complete list of sweeps rules, click here.
No. While Paypal is available at many of the traditional online casinos, they don't typically allow their services for sweepstakes casinos — as such, they don't now, nor do we expect them to allow their services to be available at Chumba.
Yes. Under VGW, Chumba Casino was the pioneer of the sweepstakes casino model. First established in 2012, Chumba Casino is perhaps the most trustworthy sweepstakes casino available in the US, and we have no problem saying that they are 100% legit. They even hold a license from the MGA and some of their games are powered by Playtech.