DoubleDown social casino claims to be the first social casino publisher in the US, having been on the scene since 2010.
- Hefty welcome offer of 1 million free coins
- Wide range of slots from IGT
- 250+ game titles
- Android and iOS mobile apps
- Daily bonuses and other promotions
- No cash prizes
- No live chat
As the name suggests, DoubleDown is a social casino where players can enjoy completely free online gambling on slots, table games, and video poker. That means that you cannot play for real money or cash prizes like you would in sweepstakes casinos such as Fortune Coins and WOW Vegas.
Yet, that shouldn’t stop you from exploring DoubleDown’s vast collection of slot games and other titles by joining the casino and claiming 1,000,000 free coins when signing up.
Note that you must comply with the governing rules of the state you reside to be able to play and be at least 21 years old. Both US and Canada players can open a DoubleDown account today and start their social casino journey.
If you’re interested in exploring the DoubleDown social casino free coins offer and learn more about the casino itself, you’re on the right page. We’ll delve into its features, games, legitimacy, and, of course, free coins and promo codes.
DoubleDown Casino Review
|🎰DoubleDown Key Info|
|🏛️Owner||DoubleDown Interactive LLC|
|🇺🇸 Availability||Global (including US and Canada)|
|📧How to access||Register via email, FB, Google or Apple account|
|🎲Games||250+ slots, table games, video poker|
|🎁Welcome bonus||1,000,000 free coins|
|🤝Sister sites/apps||DoubleDown Fort Knox, DoubleDown Classic Slots, Ellen’s Road to Riches, Undead World: Hero Survival|
DoubleDown Free Coins
As a free-to-play casino site, DoubleDown showers players with free coins on every corner. Firstly, players are welcomed with a hefty DoubleDown 1,000,000 free coins offer that will help them get a leg up and start their gambling journey. Yes, that’s right – you don’t need to place any real money to bet on DoubleDown, just register.
As time passes by, players will get a chance to grab many other free bonuses, like the following:
- Daily Wheel bonus – If you log into your account every day, you’ll be able to collect more free coins by spinning the wheel. The number of coins granted to your account depends on pure luck, meaning you can get as little as couple of thousand or even go into millions.
- Time bonus – You can also take advantage of the time bonus, which adds 10,000 free coins to your account every 50 minutes. All you need to do is claim it.
- Mobile notification coins – If you decide to join DoubleDown social casino on your mobile, all you need to do is enable app notifications and you’ll get a chance to get 1 million free coins over three days, and then up to 1,000,000 free coins daily.
- Regular promotions – DoubleDown social casinos makes sure to keep things interesting and offers regular promotions like “Diamond in the Rough” where players can join to spin on new slot games and randomly be awarded free coins.
- Free gifts – Your FB friends can also shower you with free gifts (max 3 daily). All you need to do is play regularly, check your inbox for any gifts that might have come your way, and make sure you use them in 7 days or they’ll expire.
- Social media promotions – As DoubleDown is active on Facebook, make sure you check its official FB page to keep up with social media promos. That way, you can add a bit of copper to your account.
- VIP and Special vouchers – Depending on your tier level, you might find a voucher in the store that can bring additional amenities to players.
Free Coins Promo Codes
The good news is you don’t need to scour the web to find any promo codes to use to make your online gambling journey easier. DoubleDown social casino does not practice using any promo codes, meaning all you need to do is follow our links to visit and join the platform or follow the official DoubleDown Facebook page and sign up from there. By doing the latter, you can also always learn about the latest promotional offers.
Free Coins Links
DoubleDown social casino will not make you hunt down links – all you need to do is follow our guidelines above that will help you get to the platform and start your adventure in a sec.
How to Play at DoubleDown Social Casino
DoubleDown social casino has a few ground rules that players must follow through in order to open an eligible account. Aside from following state rules, you need to be of age to start playing. Interestingly, although DoubleDown notes that players should be over 21 to play, even players as young as 13 can open an account with a consent from a legal guardian.
DoubleDown social casino is available on all platforms through a dedicated social casino app, meaning both iOS and Android users can get the app for their mobile, laptop, or PC devices through the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
How to Open a DoubleDown Casino Account
Once you download the app, the pop up window will give you four options for opening an account – connect through your Facebook, Apple, or Google accounts, or open a new one using your email.
If you choose one of the first three, all you need to do is click on it and accept the terms for the process to be completed.
However, if you opt to register using your email address, you’ll need to do the following:
- Choose to sign in with email.
- Enter your email address and password. Confirm your password.
- Click Register and play! It’s that easy.
How to Download the DoubleDown Free Apps
To get the iOS or Android app on your mobile device, you need to visit the Apple or Google Play Store. Alternatively, you can follow the links to the stores from the official site.
- Open the Apple or Google Play Store.
- Search for the DoubleDown app.
- Once it appears, click on Download.
- Once the download is finished, register via email or one of your accounts.
- Claim the free coins and start playing!
How DoubleDown Casino Works
Since DoubleDown is a social casino, the platform does not use real currency. Instead, there are free coins that serve as its virtual currency that are given away to players through various promotions and offers. They have the same value as Gold Coins do in sweepstakes casinos, meaning there’s no real monetary value behind them in the real world.
If you run out of the free coins, you can opt to purchase more through the DoubleDown store. However, this is not mandatory and you can simply wait for more free coins to come your way through daily bonuses or challenges. However, purchasing coins can up your level and game status, which consequently brings more incentives with it.
DoubleDown Free Casino Experience
DoubleDown is no different than other similar social casinos – it offers a cheery and colorful welcome to players. The red background invites players to explore games, while other bright colors and sounds enable the whole gaming experience.
The navigation through the social casino is not that challenging, the mobile game icons are smaller than one might expect but clearly visible and available right on the home page. You need to scroll through them to find your favorite or opt to search through different categories. On the other hand, the desktop experience is a bit different, offering clear categories – table games, slots, video poker – that players can explore. Unfortunately, there’s no search bar to look for games.
All crucial info related to your account is displayed at the top bar on the screen, along with your coin status. The blonde-haired lady serves as your guide through the platform and she occasionally pops up to help you navigate it.
DoubleDown Casino Games
The casino games section at DoubleDown is big enough to satisfy slot players. Table game aficionados will need to look further if they want a bigger selection or simply satisfy themselves with the available options here. The social casino’s library features 250+ titles, including some of the top names from IGT. That’s because IGT was once the owner of DoubleDown before being acquired by DoubleU.
The table games section only has two titles – blackjack and roulette. On the other hand, the video poker selection is a bit bigger – players can find 14 titles, including Bonus Poker, Jacks or Better, Double Bonus Poker, Ultimate Poker Ten Play, and more.
DoubleDown Free Slot Machines
As one might expect, the slot game selection is the largest in the casino, with over 200 titles. Players of all experience and ranks can surely find something that will catch their eye, as they come with great visuals, catchy soundtracks, hefty features, and some even with large jackpots.
The themes are various – from Ancient Egypt to cartoon-like games to classic diamonds, and even branded games like Wheel of Fortune Double Diamond, among others. Some popular titles are:
- Ocean 777
- Golden Goddess
- Triple Diamond
- Wolf Run
- Triple Fortune Dragon
If you’re feeling lucky, you can choose to search for slots in the Super High Limit room. The choices don’t differ from the main slots lobby but are instead grouped for easier access.
Does DoubleDown Payout Real Money?
Since DoubleDown is a social gambling platform, players cannot cash in. Unlike real online casinos or sweepstakes casinos, social casinos are purely fun-based and do not provide any real monetary value when it comes to winning. Although you can purchase additional coins using real money currency, there’s still no real money value there that allows you to redeem cash or other prizes.
Is DoubleDown Casino Legit?
Yes, DoubleDown is a completely legitimate and secure online gambling platform. Since it’s a social casino, it does not need any special permission to operate except governing state laws.
The DoubleDown social casino is currently under the managing hands of DoubleU Games (that latter changed its name to DoubleDown Interactive LLC) since 2017, while previously owned by the software titan IGT (2012-2017). Being on the iGaming market since 2010, DoubleDown is a veteran in the industry, promising a safe and secure gambling experience. It also protects user info and relies on safe and secure gambling practices and protocols to ensure nothing goes awry.
A casino review would not be complete without mentioning its banking system and customer support. Here’s what you can expect at DoubleDown:
- Banking options – Players wanting to up their game by purchasing coins can do so using a couple of trusted payment methods. Currently available are: PayPal, Klarna, Venmo, credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, JCB), Amazon Pay, BitPay, Skrill, or paysafecard. If you prefer to rely on cash you can make purchases through Vanilla Direct, MTCEPIN, Razer Gold, and even through various stores, like 7Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, Casey’s General Stores, and Family Dollar, but also GoCash Game Card.
- Customer support – Unfortunately, DoubleDown does not offer live chat services but players can utilize the helpful FAQ through the Help option in the main menu or send an email to email@example.com.
Would we Play at DoubleDown Casino?
When it comes to social gaming, the first social gaming casino on the US scene is a solid choice. DoubleDown has a vast gaming library, with over 250 titles, including some notable IGT slots but also video poker and table games. It also regularly allows players to grab free coins and fill up their virtual accounts to enable a longer gaming experience.
Once you stick around, you’ll be awarded for your loyalty with additional incentives and perks. Yet, there’s not real cash prizes that you can claim or cash out like you would on sweepstakes sites like McLuck Casino or High 5 Casino. So, keep that in mind.
We would like to see a live chat system put into place and a bit more diversity in the table games section, but other than that, DoubleDown is a decent place to exercise your social gaming skills.